Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December Daily :: Day 21

Day_21

If you think you've seen this post before, you may have -- I updated it to include page 2 about our campout last night. I didn't think I'd get a decent photo, but I did. Lo and behold I know something about using my Canon :-)

The journaling about the campout reads: You’ve been sick the past couple of days. A bug stomache, as  you like to call it. Nothing too serious, and you’re a big boy now so you can handle it easily on your own. With all the yuckiness that comes with being sick, your advent activity today was a special treat - campout under the Christmas tree with Mommy. We wacthed Elmo’s Countdown to Christmas and fell asleep under the twinkly lights. It was pure magic and the perfect medicine for an
upset tummy.

And, remember my ranting and raving last year that I would never make another gingerbread house EVER? Well, clearly I'm insane because I did it again. This year was much calmer with better preparation. I used graham crackers this year glued to boxes with icing. MUCH, much easier.

IMG_1432_edited

The main house is a 12 pack box of Mike's Hard Lemonade. Jeff was worried that the bottles were still inside. I assured him they were not. The box in front is a lasagna noodle box, and the chimney is a spaghetti box. The roof I had to measure and cut out of cardboard.

IMG_1431_edited Royal icing made from egg whites and powdered sugar - a snap. Paint the box with some icing and start slapping the graham crackers on.  Then decorate. My roof is Necco wafers, and the windows are wafer cookies. The tree is a sugar cone.

IMG_1430_edited

Did you make a gingerbread house this year?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails