Sunday, November 20, 2011

December Daily 2011: Foundation Pages

December Daily 2011 Digital Templates

I hate to interrupt your Thanksgiving preparations to talk about December. Yuck, right? Well, snap out of it! After you eat all that turkey and pumpkin pie and watch some football you'll have exactly two days before Advent begins.

Enter my annual December Daily project. It's an album project started by Ali Edwards that documents every day in the month of December. I started the project two years ago, and absolutely adore it. I do it all digital, and then print to a photobook. It's just the way I roll.

One of the keys to success is to have the base pages created in advance of December so that the project doesn't consume you, and you can actually enjoy the memories as they happen in real time! And heck, if I didn't come up with my core pages ahead of time it just wouldn't happen. I look at this step as the creative concept stage. The good news is I'm my own client, and I approve!


I spent an entire day designing the digital templates. Whew! I'll be documenting all 31 days, so all of these templates will be used at least twice changing up the paper & colors... and knowing me I'll alter and/or create new ones along the way. But this gives me a great headstart.
Credits:
  • Scraplifted layouts from 12 Days Album by One Little Bird (Oscraps)
  • Frames :: Biograffiti’s Photoshoot Album (Oscraps)
  • Ornament Brushes :: Stems of Three Holiday Numbers by Michelle Martin for Designer Digitals
  • Papers :: Pierrette by Michelle Martin for DesignerDigitals.com :: Syage by Michelle Martin for DesignerDigitals.com :: Photoshoot Papers by Biograffiti (Oscraps)
  • Word Art :: Ali Edwards Holiday Words for Designer Digitals :: 12 Days Word Art by One Little Bird (Oscraps)
  • Christmas Elements :: Christmas Dreams Glitter by Mindy Terasawa for Designer Digitals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails