Jingle Elf is coming tonight. Woo hoo!
But lest we forget that Jesus is also coming, and isn't that the real reason for all this hoopla? The past few years I've tried hard to not only create wonderful memories for our family, but to also prepare my heart and soul during Advent. A time for preparation for Our Lord Jesus at Christmas, but ultimately for the end of time when he comes again. Whoa, heavy stuff. Hence why we insert things such as Jingle Elf to make the journey a little easier to manage. Either way God will be there along the journey, for every single step.
This year for our advent calendar I have created activities for Sean to do every day. Some are fun, some are silly, and some are sweet. Most of them focus on doing things together or doing things for other people. Here's our list in case you are in need of some ideas. This forced me to get our calendar in order, but we're flexible. If something changes I can easily switch the pieces of paper into a different bucket.
- Jingle elf is here! Find him.
- Pick out a special holiday treat with this money ($5 for holiday craft show)
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Pick out a new Christmas book at B&N
- Make a card for someone and send it in the mail
- Recycle some toys to share with others
- Do a puzzle & leave it out for everyone to see
- Make a craft with Mom
- Wear something red today
- Have hot cocoa & cookies
- Wrap & bring presents for the giving tree at church
- Picnic Lunch under the Christmas Tree
- Lunch with Grammy & Grampy
- Bake & decorate cookies
- Bring a treat bag to the neighbors
- See the trains & Christmas lights at Botanic Gardens
- Make a handprint plate at Color Me Mine & visit Santa
- Take a drive to see Christmas lights
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Talk about how you & Jesus were alike when you were babies.
- Campout under the Christmas Tree. Look at the stars just as the shepards did.
- Polar Express & The Nativity movie night
- Open one present tonight
- Bake a birthday cake for Jesus
- Merry Christmas!