Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lifestyle Changes ... 104::365


April 14, 2011 ... Three months ago I started to move more and eat less. Getting back to the basics, and slowly working on simplifying my lifestyle. I joined a 16 week weight loss challenge at Snap Fitness that guarantees my money back if I meet all their requirements. Workout three times a week, keep a daily food journal, and meet with one of their trainers once a month. So far, so good. I've gotten into a rhythm and actually enjoy my workouts for the most part. My routine right now is 45 minutes of cardio Mon, Wed and Fri ... Tues & Thurs I do strength training at home. And one day on the weekend I do something outside like gardening, walking, biking, etc. Something fun, not so intense, but keeps me moving.

I've lost 17 pounds. Yay for me! That's about a pound and a half a week. Can I do better? Sure I can. Would I stick with it if I worked harder? Maybe not. I'm making small changes here and there until I see change. I'm in this for the long haul. Like for the rest of my life... so I better like (even love) what I'm doing.

I also started logging my food diary on myfitnesspal.com. It's made a big difference in the past two weeks to really understand what I'm eating in terms of calories, carbs, fat and protein. My goal is to not exceed 1500 calories. Some days are better than others, but at least now I know where the pitfalls are.

This little blue rolly thing is one of my new purchases. It's a foam core roller. Those of you who have used it know you have a love-hate relationship with it. They are extremely versatile and can be used in workouts to improve balance, flexibility and strengthen your core muscles. To start I'm simply using it for self-massage. After my cardio workouts at the gym I come home and use it to massage my calves, quads, hips and  back. The pain can be intense. That "ouch, that feels good" kind of pain. It's pretty wonderful.

I'm getting back to basics. Simple. Well, most days :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails