Sunday, March 13, 2011

Light of the World ... 72::365

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12


Our church holds a Light of the World retreat twice a year. Jeff and I attended over four years ago, and it was one of the best things we ever did as a couple and as individuals. We now have a community group of dear friends we meet with once a week, and can count on in good times and in bad. It's awesome.

Tonight was a candlelight ceremony where past retreatants who have been praying all weekend for the current retreatants file into church at the end of the retreat mass to share the Light of the World. It's an amazing, touching ceremony. You can't help but truly feel the presence of Jesus.

I took a bunch of different pictures here tonight, but settled on this one. The lighting was clearly not the best, and I was struggling to hold my lit candle, sing, and take amazing photos at the same time. Plus, if I were a really serious photographer I would have dropped the candle and moved around the entire church scoping for the best shots. Nope, that's not me. I'm the crazy lady in the middle taking photos of her own hand. Ha!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails