Friday, January 21, 2011

A walk in the woods


Sean and I went for a walk in the woods a few days ago, and had the most awesome time. He has been dying to get outside and play in the snow, but we haven't had a lot of time this week. But this day I made the time, and we went to Veteran's Acres Park just down the street from our house.





It is such a gem of a place, and I often have to remind myself not to take it for granted. There's lots of open land, large old oak trees, a big pond with lilly pads (not right now, of course), open prairie, pine groves, forest, and just the right amount of deer to make you stop and gawk with awe. I used to go walking here a lot before Sean was born. I would walk through the woods and into the open prairie, and never fail my spirit would be lifted and transported to a much calmer state of being.



Lucky for me I didn't get my act together earlier in the day, and we ended up leaving the house around 3:30 in the afternoon. This didn't help us much with the dropping temps. But it did provide for some very yummy lighting for pictures.


Since Sean's been born I haven't had much time to go here regularly for walks. That bums me out a little. But now that he's older I'm excited about the adventures he and I can have together here. Promise.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails