Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!




It's Christmas Eve. Wow. That was fast!

I've been thinking lately about how stress-free the season has been for me so far. And last night I wrote about how I had a long list of to do's, but didn't get around to cleaning the kitchen. I tried really hard to take the laissez-faire approach, but when I went to bed I started to think of all the things I had yet to do. Clean, cook, set tables, finish laundry, clean myself, dress Sean, get out the door by 2:30pm to get to my in-laws. It was really overwhelming. So I said a quick prayer. God said it will be all right. And I went fast asleep.

Sean woke up at 7am bright and early. My sinuses and therefore, head, were screaming at me. And I thought, "really God? this is all right?" I flipped on PBS for Sean, but after an hour he insisted on going downstairs. So I got up, took three ibuprofen and some sudafed and thought, "it's all or nothing".

Within 15 minutes my head was clear. And it's now 10am and my kitchen is clean and a load of laundry complete. Next up, cooking. 

It's going to be all right. In fact, I think it's going to be perfect. That God... why do I always question him?

Merry Christmas!! May your coming days be stress-free and jolly. Just like they should be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails